A missions committee was selected at Temple, a building site was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Herman Hall. The lot was cleared and plans were made to secure a building.
At the first service 12 people presented themselves for church membership. In six months the membership had grown to 60, with 100 enrolled in Sunday school. In April 1956, Rev. W.A. (Bill) Wallace, came as the first full-time Pastor and served until April 14, 1958. Under his leadership the membership grew to 96 people which were declared Charter Members on July 28, 1957. On July 28, 1957, Ogden Mission was constitued as Ogden Baptist Church. In September 1957 plans were to enlarge the original building. The building was turned on the lot and the classrooms and bathrooms were added. This new addition was dedicated on March 16, 1958. The church continued to grow and in December 1959, more room was needed. Another building, which now contains the offices, nursery, and classrooms was completed in November 1961. In July 1964, property was purchased for a parsonage and plans for a larger sanctuary were drawn. A special groud-breaking ceremony for the sanctuary was held on February 1966. The building was completed and dedicated on the first Sunday in November of 1966. Over the years, there have been many improvements done in the fellowship hall and throught the building. The Sanctuary and the larger building have been given a facelift much to the pleasure of all. Those who took on this great job have made a big difference in the looks of the church. This church has been blessed with so many good leaders, whether as a teacher in the Sunday School, Nursery, or Youth, Music, or any other department. Dedicated leaders are the backbone of any church. No one can be left out from the Pastors to the Deacons and all who serve on a committee. There is always a place one can apply their talents at Ogden Baptist Church.
On October 9, 1955 the first service was held after many months of preparation. Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Edens served as missionaries in promoting a Baptist Church in this community. The Wilmington Baptist Association suggested they apply to Temple Baptist Church for assistance. Without delay or objection Temple Baptist Church accepted this challenge. A community survey was taken.
Ogden Baptist Church